How to Run LED lighting using solar pannel || How much power I am saving ???


 


Hey everyone

My Name is Amey and I am back with another project this time I am adding a solar panel to my room which will drive all my work bench LED light and all the tools which run on 12v DC supply.

let’s make it





For solar panel I got these two solar panels(shown above ) from friend of mine which thus come with model number but when I search it on a web, I found that they do not exist and no documentation is available

At this point I don’t know to exact rating of the panel, So I get my multimeter and go on my roof foe testing it

After testing I found out that each of the one panel gives around 18.45 v and max current of 1.3 amp. Then I take hole value means 18 v and 2 amp and calculate its output.

As we all know   W(Watt)=V(voltage) x A(Ampere)

                                18 X 1.2 gives me around 20W 

Each Panel gives me about 20 W of power at full shiny sun. By connecting both of them in parallel I am getting 40 w of power (in ideal condition).

In next step I calculated the power of my work bench LED Which is around 8 W for more stability I am assuming 12 w

Now, both the panel are capable of powering my work bench, Then I hook it them in parallel

All things done, But I need to find the solar charge controller


Solar charge controller is very useful it keeps the battery safe and charge from sunlight

Luckily, I found one in my house which is perfect for this task It can handle up to 120w which means in future I can add more panels to it. Currently due to lockdown my BMS I don’t have any BMS circuit to hook up this 18650 baters which I recycled from old laptop

For now, I am directly powering it with the solar panel in next part I am adding battery

After finding a prefeed spot for setting solar panel and measuring all the dimension required for making stand

I made this out of construction steal bar, this is temporary solution. In future when I adding more panel to it then it there should be more permanent solutions, for now this is working really well.

(To provide 12v you required buck converter if you solar charge controller ehich one I am using you requred buck converter)



All things are done and ready to be mounted.



Ok now come to conclusion part after adding these two small pannel to my work bench I am saving some power from my Main AC supply as we have to pay for it
amount of power I am saving ,lets calulate it 

 Suppose my workbecnh lighting requred 15 w of power to run 

means it consume 15W power per hours,

In day time I work on my work bench for around 5 hrs 

means each day my workbench consume(at day time )= 15 X 5 = 75 watt 

If a work 200 days per year than = 200 X 75 = 15000 watt

In a year I am saving 15000Watt from my main AC supply.

that is it for today, I made this video to show all of you that by adding solar pannel we can save some power from AC supply and its envornmental freindly also , 



Thanks for reading my blog.

Stay safe 

Video

 check it out this work or not check video bellow
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Future update 


In next part I am adding a battery pack to it and then it will able to run on battery backup for that stay tuned and subscribe to my cahnnel on youtube.

Links for stuff i use

simalar kind of pannel I use in this video
Solar pannel (50w) = click here
solar pannel(20w) = click here

solar charge controller(6 amp) = click here
solar charge controller(10 amp)(I ahve simlar to this one)=click here
smart solar charge controller = click here

as i told ou early To provide 12v you required buck converter if you solar charge controller as i requred I use this one
(click here)

Comments