10 Amp VARIABLE POWER SUPPLY



 Hello everyone;

I am Amey, welcome to my channel  

Today, I am building another cool project which is 10Amp VARIABLE POWER SUPPLY with the help of LM317IC and other electronics part. 

So lets' make it


COMPONENTS


​4 X 10A10 DIODE

1 X LM317(Voltage Regulator)

1 X BD139 Transistor

4 X 2n3055 Transistor

1 X 1000uf Capacitor

2 X 5K ohms potentiometer

1 X 10Amp Fuse

1 X 220ohms Resistor

Heat sink for the 3055 transistor


Circuit Diagram







WORKING


​As name given "10amp Variable Power Supply", the load can draw up to 10amp form this circuit.

To regulate the voltage I use LM317 which is basically a VOLTAGE REGULATOR which can handle up to1.5 Amp of current, So to handle 10 Amp of current 2n3055 transistors are use which is power transistor with current handling capacity of up to 10 Amp, I use 4 of those(you can use two only simple remove two of the transistor).

All the 2n3055 Transistor are driven by BD139 transistor which is NPN transistor which use to limit the current for the connected load 

For safety purpose I added a 10amp fuse to protect the circuit form overload.

At the output  I am also adding 1 DIODE and FUSE(Not mention in this project) for reverse voltage protection for charging battery


PICTURE OF POWERSUPPLY







VIDEO

The video of this project is on my YouTube Channel  go check this link  A BUILDS

https://youtu.be/7uqGnUApmYo

And Do SUBSCRIBE To My Channel 

Thank you!!!!!!!!!



Comments