HOW I MAKE A WORKBENCH LIGHT

 


Hey everyone,

My name is Amey and I am back with another project,

Recently, I get two CFL light enclosure for really cheap with has 40 w CFL bulb in it (each), After taking look at it, the idea come in my mind that, I will use this as my work bench light, but as CFL draw more power as compare to LED lights, I decide to first convert it into LED, for that I use Combination of cold and warm LED strip which draw much less power as compare to CFL and its brighter than the CFL. So, I gather all the things required and start building it.

So, let’s make it…!!!!!!!!



I am having two light enclosure (as shown above) as I mentioned early, I am going to convert it into LED so for that I got Cold and Warm LED strip.

The reason behind using two different colure temperature LED strip is to create natural light as possible




For powering all the stuff, I am using the OLD computer ATX Power supply, but any 12 v 2 AMP power supply is sufficient for it as each light only draw 600MAH.


3D Design

After adding the led strip two Both enclosures, now its time for Designing the hanging stand for it, so let’s jump into it.

As my workbench is in corner, I have L shape desk, So I decided to mount light on above of each table

* photo of work bench





This is design of light and it's going to hang on wall





Fabrication 

After designing I export the Drawing of it and start measuring all the things

Then its time for some Measuring ,Cutting ,Grinding, Drilling and Welding

For making stand I am using 25X25 mm steel rod and for mounting on wall, I am using old cutting blade(recycling saves nature )

Measuring


Cutting


Drilling


Welding



Video 

Check The Full Video on Youtube HERE


 

Final Assembly

After all of the work final its ready to mount let’s see how its look like

But first Please subscribe to my channel (ABUILDS) if you like this

 HOW IT LOOK LIKE 




Comments